The entrance of His word brings light

The entrance of His word brings light

Monday, December 14, 2009

Wounded sheep

"They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. 'Peace, peace,' they say, when there is no peace" - Jeremiah 6 v14

I was talking to a pastor last week and telling him a story of a church in which many people had been wounded by their previous pastor. I was very disappointed by his response but not surprised. He responded: ' What the people dont understand is that the previous pastor has probably grown alot in the Lord since ". I was not surprised because I have heard this so many times from the leadership - I was dissapointed because I cannot understand why he or others in leadership can not show empathy for the wounded church and why they would expect such maturity from the sheep and not the shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment